Starting this week, homes begin to decorate and prepare for Christmas. Shops and shop windows are already stocked with Christmas decorations, offering a wide variety of decorative styles . With all this variety, knowing which style is best for each house can be difficult.
To create a successful Christmas decoration it is important to take into account the existing style in each home as well as the effect that you want to create in it during this time of year. The styles are many and very varied, here you can discover four of them …
The most traditional Christmas has a rustic air . Its main characteristic is the use of organic decoration, with elements that can be found in nature itself. Traditional Christmas decorations create warm and welcoming homes that bring together entire families around the table or in front of the fireplace on these dates.
How to get a traditional look
- Use a combination of red and white colors, typically Christmas
- Decorate with organic and natural elements, such as pinecones, mistletoe, poinsettias, cinnamon sticks and the like
- Choose a natural fir tree and decorate it with balls and traditional ornaments such as stars, angels, flakes snow … or other handmade
- Add a touch of sparkle by also incorporating gold ornaments
The minimalist aesthetic so characteristic of Nordic design is also present in Christmas decorations. The Scandinavian style takes its inspiration from the snowy natural landscape, typical of this time of year in those countries.
How to get a Scandinavian style
- Use a minimalist black and white color scheme.
- Choose ornaments and wrapping paper with simple, geometric designs.
- An alternative to the traditional fir are artificial trees made of wood
- Add a touch of warmth by also incorporating natural wood ornaments
Like the Scandinavian style, the contemporary one is also inspired by the white Christmas, although the difference with the previous one is in the richness of its ornamentation. This is an elegant and sophisticated style with a very festive air.
How to get a contemporary look
- Use a predominantly white color palette
- Combine white with silver, cut glass and mirror ornaments
- An alternative to the traditional Christmas fir tree is fully white artificial trees, decorated with ornaments also in white and silver
- Add an extra touch informal to decoration with balls and paper ornaments
The eclectic look is achieved by combining elements of different styles, although similar in shape, color or texture. It is a celebration of contrasts that aims to create an original decoration full of personality .
How to get an eclectic look
- Combine different colors repeating the same color combination in all the decorative elements to achieve consistency and cohesion
- Combine vintage elements with more modern ones
- Decorate the tree with handmade ornaments
- Add a personal touch with decorative objects of sentimental value